회원가입 로그인

From the Runway to Yoga Mats

작성자 Angelina
작성일 24-10-08 21:38 | 4 | 0

본문

PREPARING FOR RETREAT requires a little common-sense. A little dust, a pile of clothes, dirty pots. Though the redness in my face was a little more pronounced after the third session (it looked and felt like a full-on sunburn), Dr Roberts noted my pores were smaller and my age spots had faded-not disappeared, but make-up more readily covers them. The clicks feel like dozens of tiny pin pricks, but the pain varies by what part of the face or neck is being addressed. Wealthy patrons support monasteries because they feel it is a joyous blessing to be able to do so, part of the pleasure and privilege that comes from wealth. The staff make you feel like they have just seen you the day before, and take a drinks order right away - my favourite part! As we begin, through practice, to notice where and how we are fixed and tight - in our bodies, our emotional states and our conceptual frameworks- we feel the suffering of our situation and the desire to be free of suffering automatically arises. Same external situation - different internal response.

6089536847_7dc2005461_z.jpg

Luminous with the recognition of the interdependence of all manifestation, mahamudra teaching utilizes myriad aspects of dharma exploration including investigations into mind, consciousness and perception while at the same time developing skilful and compassionate ways, of participating in the unfolding community of all life. The Teachings are offered freely because there is no other way to present authentic liberation teaching. As maturity through realization dawns and we recognize the power and compassion and universality of the transformation process, the privilege of supporting the teaching and teachers in any way we can becomes our first priority. When gratitude is felt for the precious opportunity to study and practice, innumerable ways to give back can be found. We must test these views with our own direct experience, through study and practice and dialogue with our teachers before we can begin to conceive how rare a gift the opportunity to transform our lives truly is.

Traditionally, liberation teachings are offered freely because they are so precious that no value can be assigned to them … It is how we initiate change: by letting go, giving up, surrendering and practicing; by supporting those influences in our community that are doorways for others to encounter liberation teachings. Giving isn’t only about money, although in this culture money provides a practical method, and not much happens if there isn’t enough of it. How much is enough? Here in the heart of materialist culture, many believe that if something is free, it must not be worth much. Is a dharma class worth more, less or the same as a group yoga class or an evening out for dinner and a movie? I’ll sort everything out and then, when I come out of retreat, all will be fine. Everyone who comes to the Dharma with some hope that it will make their life better, richer, what is yoga happier has to work with this spiky question and come to some uneasy peace with it. I was invited to come in to see what a difference three short treatments could make during a summer where fake tans and Pucci prints were in full flower.

One of the 32 signs of a Buddha's body is his deep and resonant voice, which is artistically symbolised in images of the Buddha by three conch-like curving lines on his throat. This concept was adopted by Indian Buddhists who saw the Buddha as the universal monarch and 13 stacked parasols form the conical spire of the Buddha or Tathagata stupa. IN MANY OF HIS TEACHINGS, the Buddha would urge people to, ‘pay attention to detail’. Tibetan Buddhists believe that saying the mantra (prayer), Om Mani Padme Hum, out loud or silently to oneself, invokes the powerful benevolent attention and blessings of Chenrezig, the embodiment of compassion. Each week, we send out newsletters, tips and suggestions on improving and maintaining your health and fitness. We breathe and live fitness. All of these questions have nothing to do with practicing generosity. Kindness for its own sake; compassion for its own sake; generosity for its own sake …

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

주소: 서울특별시 구로구 가마산로 27길 24, 비 102호

전화번호:02-6342-3000 | 팩스번호 02-6442-9004

고유번호 : 560-82-00134 (수익사업을 하지 않는 비영리법인 및 국가기관 등:2본점)