회원가입 로그인

when is the terence crawford fight

작성자 Geri
작성일 24-09-23 20:20 | 3 | 0

본문

In front of a home crowd of 12,121, Crawford became the undisputed champion at light welterweight after knocking out Indongo in round three. The final punch was a left hook to the right side of the body, which immediately dropped Indongo. Referee Jack Reiss counted to 10 and promptly called an end after 1 minute and 38 seconds. Indongo also touched the canvas during round one, but the referee ruled it a slip. Additionally, Indongo was knocked down and received a count after a left from Crawford during round two.

"I’m totally focused on staying at 135 pounds because it’s where I feel strongest and most comfortable," Cruz said. "I just want to give everyone watching a great show. I’ve made a connection with the fans because I showed that I’m not afraid to fight the best. I have no fear, just resolve."

The monumental win made Crawford the undisputed welterweight champion of the world. The Nebraskan became the first male boxer in the four-belt era to win undisputed titles in two different weight classes.

Spence valiantly recovered from a near-fatal car crash in 2019 and eye surgery in 2021 and agreed to many concessions in order to make the mouthwatering matchup a reality, but he had nothing serious to offer in the ring for his superior counterpart.

Round 3: Spence comes out with urgency but Crawford is keeping his distance, circling away. Hard left thrown by Spence. Spence openign up with Crawford in the corner. He’s stinging the head and body, Crawford waiting to counter. Triple jab from Crawford. Crawford to the body. Spence on the hunt, Crawford defending well. Spence back to the body, Crawford with a combination. Spence leading with his right hand. Spence with a good jab, but there’s Crawford with another stiff counter. He’s landing the harder shots. Crawford jab keeps Spence off balance.

Shawn Porter is a former welterweight champion who brings an aggression to the ring that is unmatched, and unlike Crawford, he's been in the ring with the likes of Spence and Thurman. Saturday's welterweight title fight (9 p.m. ET, ESPN+ PPV) presents a more significant challenge than Crawford has ever faced, and if Crawford wins, the query about whom he has fought will no longer have much merit. Maybe that's why, in the lead-up to his toughest test yet, the scowl has occasionally transformed into a smile.

However, the 23-1 Rocha is the WBO’s No.1 challenger and if he keeps winning, then a title shot will eventually come. Realistically, he’s far down the pecking order and should just focus on staying busy and improving his game.

Spence valiantly recovered from a near-fatal car crash in 2019 and eye surgery in 2021 and agreed to many concessions in order to make the mouthwatering matchup a reality, but he had nothing serious to offer in the ring for his superior counterpart.

"The fans and I have both wanted this fight for years and now it is finally happening," said Crawford. "This truly is a once in a generation fight, so come out to T-Mobile Arena or tune in to SHOWTIME PPV for the biggest fight in boxing. On July 29, I look forward to making history and becoming two-time undisputed champion of the world."

Cabrera continued to pepper his shorter opponent with his jab and landed power shots here and there, enough evidently to win some rounds. However, Cruz won the fight because he landed the vast majority of the power shots.

Close round. Porter closed the gap midway through and landed a right hand against the ropes. Crawford landed a short right and then closed the round with a couple hard connected punches. I lean Crawford.

"I was just warming up in the earlier rounds," Crawford said. "I started picking up the pace, planting my feet, and I caught him with a hook. We knew what time is the terence crawford fight he was gonna bring to the table. We knew he was gonna go back-and-forth between orthodox and southpaw, we knew he was gonna counter and pressure me."

Following a one-year layoff, Crawford returned in December 2022 with a sixth-round stoppage over David Avanesyan. Crawford’s record in world title bouts was now an impressive 17-0 (14 KOs). The win over Avanesyan set the stage for boxing’s biggest and best match: a showdown between Crawford and undefeated, unified WBC, WBA and IBF World Welterweight Champion, Errol Spence Jr.

class=Charlo, boxing’s undisputed light middleweight world champion, suffered a one-sided loss to Canelo Alvarez on Saturday at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, losing in a listless effort by scores of 119-108, 118-109, and 118-109. Charlo’s attempt to jump up two weight classes and upset the undisputed super middleweight champ was ambitious, but ultimately Alvarez bullied Charlo around the ring and had his way throughout the 12-round bout.

The warrior gene runs through the blood of Terence Crawford. His grandfather, father and uncle had all trained at the C.W. Boxing Club in Omaha, Nebraska. The gym’s owner, Carl Washington, was also Crawford’s neighbor. Washington approached a then seven-year-old Terence about doing the same as a means of keeping the youngster out of trouble.

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

주소: 서울특별시 구로구 가마산로 27길 24, 비 102호

전화번호:02-6342-3000 | 팩스번호 02-6442-9004

고유번호 : 560-82-00134 (수익사업을 하지 않는 비영리법인 및 국가기관 등:2본점)